Total Intake : 120 (First Shift-120) (Second shift- 60 shifted to Halol)
To train and nurture young students through modern teaching learning process which enhance their technical knowledge skill and understanding to the highest quality comparable to the very best in the state and nation.
1) To produce diploma engineers possessing fundamental knowledge of Automobile engineering through competitive curriculum with industry.
2) To provide high quality engineering manpower to the industry and community for contributing effectively towards societal development.
3)To encourage ethical values and leadership abilities in the mind of students so as to work towards the growth of state and nation.
Programme Educational Objectives
1) Pursue a successful career in the field of automobile engineering or a related field utilizing his/her education and contribution to the profession as an excellent employee or as an entrepreneur.
2) Identify various short coming in the field of automobile engineering and develop new innovative solutions.
3) To encourage the individual to develop excellent communication skills and leadership qualities to enable them to be professional and well-rounded engineers capable of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
Programme Specific Objectives
1) Fulfill the industry requirement in terms of service and maintenance of Automobiles.
2) Fulfill requirement of managerial and administrative personal in automotive sector and Road Transport Organization.
Diploma Automobile Engineering provides cross functional understanding and sound technical skills in Automobile Engineering that are becoming more and more important with inevitable changes and demand brought about by the consumer for greater choice and improved value in industrial competitive world.
The developments in automobile industry has created a healthy demand for qualified manpower in a wide range, both public and private recruiting areas that include Government, Semi Government., agencies, industries, manufacturing and retailing industries and transportation etc. This programme caters teaching in current practices, trends in the field and provides students with both a specialist knowledge and training in related areas to manage the issues related to Automobile Engineering efficiently & effectively to strengthen and purify the skills, the students are deputed to undergo practical training in Automobile related establishment during the last semester, which enhance the theoretical and practical aspects of the students.
This Department was started in the July, 1949 i.e. since the establishment at this Polytechnic. The modern equipments and instruments are available in Auto machine laboratory, Auto-electric laboratory and Garage.
LABORATORY FACILITIES :-
(1) AUTO MACHINE LABORATORY
(2) AUTO ELECTRIC LABORATORY
(3) FUEL LABORATORY
(4) AUTO GARAGE
Mr. DEVENKUMAR DAVE
Head of Department
Mr. BIMALKUMAR CHAUHAN
Mr. TIMIRBHAI GANDHI
Mr. BHARGAV MANAT
Mr. NITINKUMAR ZALAVADIYA
Mr. MAHIPALSINH GOHIL
Mr. NILESHBHAI MAKWANA